PLATELET-RICH PLASMA (PRP) & BONE MARROW CONCENTRATE (BMC)
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC) have been shown to enhance the body's natural healing process and encourage bone growth, cartilage repair, enhance wound healing, and a variety of soft tissue healing applications. These therapies involve centrifuging either autologous whole blood or bone marrow aspirate to form three distinct layers: 1. Platelet-Poor Plasma (PPP), 2. Red Blood Cell fraction, and 3. the Buffy Coat. Most focus on collection of the buffy coat because the concentrated platelets and progenitor cells are found there. The commonly neglected PPP contains proteins and growth factors such as fibrinogen, alpha-2-macroglobulin (A2M), interleukin receptor antigen protein (IRAP), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF-bb). These proteins are part of the natural healing and regenerative processes in many tissues in the human body and signal cellular proliferation and differentiation.
Clinical translation of regenerative medicine technologies requires a source of stem and progenitor cells and growth factors. The Autologous Regenerative Therapies Bone Marrow Concentration (ART-BMC) system provides a rapid concentration (>90%) of mesenchymal and hematopoietic stem cells and soluble growth factors from human bone marrow aspirate (BMA) at the point-of-care. An adjustable collection port allows for selection of user-specified fractions of centrifuged BMA. The ART-BMC and ART-PRP feature an integrated hollow, sub-nanoporous fiber filter that concentrates autologous proteins and growth factors (e.g. fibrinogen, alpha-2-macroglobulin, PDGF, VEGF, TGF-b) larger than 25 kDa.
ART-BMC PLUS & ART-PRP PLUS
The ART-BMC PLUS system processes autologous bone marrow concentrate effectively and efficiently at point-of-care. The system recovers the greatest percentage of nucleated and progenitor cells by allowing selection of the cell concentrate from user-defined portions of the centrifuged stack. The ART-BMC PLUS and ART-PRP PLUS systems also feature an integrated filter system for the ultrafiltration of proteins from platelet-poor plasma. By pushing the plasma from one syringe through hundreds of hollow, nanoporous fibers, water and salt ions are pushed out while proteins and cells are further concentrated. The fluid may be concentrated by passing through the filter until the desired volume is obtained. This ultrafiltration enriches the concentration of most proteins like VEGF, PDG-F, TGF-Beta, FGF, Alpha-2-Macroglobulin, Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein and Fibrinogen.
- Efficient concentration yields ultra-low hematocrit
- Adjustable white blood cell concentration for leukocyte-depleted product
- Unmatched concentration of molecules, including fibrinogen, myoglobin and cytokines of similar molecular weights
- Customized fluid fractions for tailored final product
- Eliminates turbulence by keeping buffy coat in the collection zone
- Consistently achieves high yields of platelets and mononuclear cells
- Functionally closed system to minimize sterile breaks
- Variable processing volume supports a variety of applications
- Thumbwheel allows for selective deconstruction of fluid stack for personalized fluid products.
- Adjustable flow valve diverts fluid without additional sterile breaks.
- Features integrated fibers for plasma concentrate.
CELL PROBE MD, PHD AND CELLAP TAP
In a 2013 study published in International Orthopaedics, Dr. Philippe Hernigou proved that small volume aspirates of bone marrow demonstrated greater concentrations of mesenchymal stem cells with a 10-mL syringe compared with matched controls using a 50-mL syringe. On average, progenitor cell concentrations were 300% higher using smaller individual draws. The proprietary Cell Probe Marrow Device (MD), Pneumatic Hernigou Device (PHD) and Cellap Tap provide the benefits of small-volume aspiration while eliminating the additional procedure time and contamination risk associated with repetitive use of small syringes. Hernigou's technique is proven to provide up to 300% more MSC's per unit of volume versus the traditional aspiration needle, which is mimicked by the Cell Probe MD and PHD with its unique valve system that enables the practitioner to perform multiple small-volume fluid draws without removing the syringe until the draw is complete.
- An ergonomic grip provides accurate depth, and unique fenestrations prevent clogs and damage to iliac crest
- A proprietary system of check valves reduces procedure time when compared to traditional aspiration techniques
- Hernigou's technique of small-volume rapid aspiration and the Cell Probe MD and PHD delivers rich bone marrow aspirate (BMA) with significantly reduced blood dilution
- Integraed Cellap Tap allows mallet-free advancement through cortical bone and into the cancellous portion of theliac crest
- AO fitting is compatible with Cellap Tap and multiple AP handpiece options